Thanks for checking in! If you’re looking for something brilliant or witty or life-changing, let me assure you: You’re in the wrong place. I’m writing this blog to answer the most frequent questions Beyond Photography hears regarding Portraits with Santa. Without further delay, here goes . . .
*When and where are the Christmas sessions?
PINE BLUFF: November 5-6, 2010, at the home of Heather Hargis.
LITTLE ROCK: In Chenal Downs, November 11-14, 2010, at the home of Timothy Ann Olaimey.
HOT SPRINGS: November 7, 2010, at the home of John & Missy Gibson.
FAYETTEVILLE: November 20-21, 2010, location to be announced.
After you schedule your session, we’ll email directions and other tips to prepare for the best session possible.
*I love the idea, but what if my kids don’t like Santa?
1. If you know that you don’t want photos with Mr. Kringle, we’re happy to photograph your kids and/or family without him. Please let me know when you schedule your session.
2. Kids love the IDEA of Santa, but meeting him in person is often intimidating. Kids also love dinosaurs, but meeting one in real life wouldn’t be so great, either. If your child doesn’t like Santa, never fear. By the time Santa arrives in the session for photos, we’ve already captured several great images of your kid(s) on the Christmas scene. Santa then peeks into the scene, in the background, while I keep your child’s attention away from him. After this, we then introduce the Man in Red. If spotting Santa is the end of your session [which isn't totally uncommon], we’ve already captured a great session, and you’ll have ample images for your Christmas photo selection. Santa is extremely sensitive to a child’s reaction to him, and proceeds slowly with those who aren’t sure of him.
*Do you charge extra to have more than one of my kids in the session?
No. In fact, we encourage Mom and Dad to come prepared for a few images of the immediate family.
*What clothes should we wear?
Every year, our scene is markedly different from any other scene we’ve created. We always plan our Christmas scenes with “variety” in mind. We’ll see a great deal of formal Christmas clothing, which is spectacular. We’ll also see more of the rustic look–like jeans and sweaters–also fantastic. Several kids will also come with their pajamas, as if they’ve just awakened to find Santa in the living room, and it’s really cute.
*What is the difference between a “Quick Pic” and a full session? Why would I choose one over the other?
We’re shooting both types of sessions for Christmas. Here’s the difference:
- will allow me much more time to capture much more variety–usually around 80-120 images to view. I’ll reserve more time for you, and shoot for approximately 45 minutes. This will give me plenty of time to create a volume of work.
- you’ll have the luxury of returning the following week to view your images. You’ll see a beautiful slideshow, and we’ll walk with you through the ordering process as you choose your portraits/albums/cards/etc.
- if you think you’d like a wall portrait, I’d strongly encourage a full session. If you might like an album, you’ll certainly need a full session.
- your kids will have much more time to chat and play with Santa!
- our Santa Reservation Fee is $350 ($25 Santa Fee & $325 Portrait credit). This fee is required in order to reserve your time. Because of our limited sessions, we do not hold appointments without our reservation fee. If you would prefer to call with your credit card info, feel free — 501.766.5671.
- our standard price list applies to full session [click here to see our prices].
- understand that the Reservation secures Mr. Bill’s time just for you! Therefore Santa Reservation Fees are non-refundable. If you call within 72 hours to reschedule your session, we will do our best to accommodate your request. If you have a friend that would like to take your appointment, we’ll be happy to assist you. Otherwise, we cannot refund your deposit.
- obviously, are much faster. Our session will last no longer than 15 minutes. I’ll still shoot with and without Santa, but have much less variety–about 10-20 images to view.
- you’ll select your portraits immediately after your session. [Sorry, we won't have time to prepare a slideshow. Images will show straight from the camera--no cropping, color correcting, retouching, etc--all of that work will apply to the prints that you order, you simply won't see it during the preview session.] Prices are listed below.
- we have very few appointment slots available for Quick Pics on Friday evening through Sunday. Most of these appointments will be on Thursday or Friday morning.
- our Santa Quick Pic Reservation is $175 plus tax=$190.75 ($25 Santa Fee & $163.50 Portrait credit).
- due to the quick nature of shooting, and ordering in a large volume, Quick Pics are slightly discounted [see below]. We do allow you to order more than one package!
- We do ask that you purchase a wall portrait [16×20 or larger] OR at least one portrait package when you order.
- we will have many beautiful custom-designed Christmas cards — we do ask for a minimum $259 portrait purchase in order to purchase cards.
- understand that the Reservation secures Mr. Bill’s time just for you!! Therefore Santa Quick Pic Reservation Fees are non-refundable. If you call within 72 hours to reschedule your session, we will do our best to accommodate your request. If you have a friend that would like to take your appointment, we’ll be happy to assist you. Otherwise, your deposit will not be refunded.
*How do I schedule an appointment?
Please call or email. We’ll spend some time listening to your “Christmas list,” then schedule you for either a full session or a Quick Pic. When we set your appointment time, we’ll ask for your retainer. We can send an invoice via Paypal, or take a credit card number over the phone. We do not reserve slots without your deposit. Email us at email@example.com, or call 501.766.5671.
If you have any other questions, please post them in the comments section below. I’ll then know better how to answer the questions that everyone is asking.
We’re looking forward to an AMAZING holiday season! I’ll look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks!